Thursday, May 27, 2010

The big beautiful lake in central park... walking to the Met Museum... hot and humid.. my hair was as little frizz ball.. and its hard to get my hair frizzy.
See - frizzy hair. And stanley came along for the ride. I heart you Stanley.
This piece painted by Paul Delvaux was one of the most wonderful art experiences of my life... I felt like I could just walk into the painting.. wonderful moment. Cheers Paul.
I am a huge fan of Balthaus. Love the overly tall woman here and the colours are amazing!
I love love love oh have I mentioned that I love Art Deco work.. they had a whole section of work dedicated to the period.. I nearly DIED! Wonderful.
Cigarette cases to die for
Love it!
Jacob had to sneak away to catch his flight back to Nahsville and I headed back to my lovely hostel.. to complete the rest of my trip on my own. Look here I am in my room.. the room was super squishy and I had a top bunk... no one wants a top bunk.. they suck! But it was clean and the bathrooms were amazing! I met some really great girls here though so I really can't complain.
After days on my feet, walking at least 6 hours a day in flat shoes my feet had had enough! They were so sore, bruised soles, I couldn't bear the thought of going out on the town or walking around so I went to the cinema around the corner from my hostel, wearing my havaianas, which I hate wearing out in public (although I just spent a few days in Paris wearing them!) and watched How To Train Your Dragon in 3D... not a normal movie of choice but it was that or some horror movie. I actually really loved it, first movie on my own too. But the next day my feet were thankful. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment