Saturday, May 29, 2010

Musseums, bridges and buildings

Guggenheim
Bridge and the next day to the MOMA
I admit that I really like the movie The Devil Wears Prada, Dean & Deluca have a couple of references during the movie, so I stopped in for dinner.
And did the touristy thing..
Uptown left to right
Down town
I was wearing a flowy skirt and a thin cardigan.. not appropriate on a windy rooftop.. I flashed strangers. And froze. And had to take a really crap picture of myself trying to keep my hair out of my face. I wasn't willing to do the whole "can you take a picture of me" so instead you get this terrible shot. voila!
And I waited for it to get dark.. ooh pretty lights!
Tiffany met me afterwards and we ate wonderful pastries.
Next day I was ready to explore the East Village area a little more..
Coffee, muffin and reading about my best friend Gwyn (I'm not a stalker at all).. I was just around the corner from her house, I thought about stopping by, but remembered she might be a bit busy. Next time Gwyn. Heart you forever!
Creepy guy who sat in front of me. PS Worst muffin of my life. dry and tasteless, luckily Gwyn make it all better.
Met up with Tiffany and her wonderful sister for a wafflicious dinner! Followed by a nice stroll around the area and a visit to the strand. I bought literature and poetry. Dreamy.
And then it was time to say goodbye.. to my new wonderful friends.. and to America.

No comments:

Post a Comment