Saturday, May 15, 2010

New York: Third day

Upper West Side, Central Park, Bridges and beyond..
My favourite shot from the day.. love that little cloud in the sky.
Squirrel!
 
Just to make this seem even more beautiful, there was a homeless guy sleeping just on the other side of this flower bed.. oh the contrast. Poor guy, at least he had a pretty view.
The park bench I loved
Bride and Groom getting their photos taken.
Alas so many beautiful fountains.. so many beautiful fountains undergoing renovations. so many sad faces.
Amazing break dancers. clever.
Simply parched darlings.. let's have lunch at the boat house. Lovely.
I ran into the wonderful Mr. Hans Christian Andersen, he was good enough to read me a story. He is an excellent story teller. My friend Sir Duck was a little jealous.
Kelly also wanted to hear the story.
Yasmin was feeling the love also.. Sir Duck was still feeling jealous. "don't feel sad Sir Duck, the story is about you!"
Not that I am saying your ugly or anything.
I liked the Alice In Wonderland sculpture.. pity about the kids. :) kidding.
And on to the Upper East Side!
 
Yasmin trying to jump out of the shot again - hilarious!
I wanted a shot of the bell guy hailing a taxi.. what I got was better.. an awkward moment.. the guy in the beige jacket didn't look impressed that I may have taken his photo so I quickly said (and lied.. bad girl!) "Oh you weren't in the shot" (NYers can be a little aggressive in my opinion -which freaks me out to no end!), little did I know that he was stoked to be in the shot! Lie FAIL.
A few subway stops later. China Town.
Like Asia, but different.
To the Manhattan Bridge.
Views walking across Manhattan Bridge as the sun was coming down.. beautiful.

 f
 
A quick diner stop and back over to Manhatten via the Brooklyn Bridge.
 
 Quite nice to think I had just walked over that.
 
The city starting to light up.
 
 
See that teeny tiny light that is just a little higher than the other teeny tiny lights? That's the torch on the Statue Of Liberty. Yasmin was quite impressed.. it was a gift from her home of France of course.
Yasmin the Parisian feelin the Lurve. (look see the Torch in the background?)
 Yippee
 
Architecture and beautiful structures like these make you wish you had a nice SLR camera and not just a cheap little digital.. but I still made my best attempt to capture the beauty of the traffic lights (on a moving bridge in the wind mind you). Respect.
 
One of my favourite shots taken during my visit.
 
Another subway uptown for a quick look at the Rockerfeller centre
St Pauls Catherdral was under renovations so this is about all I could see. Pretty doors though.
Hot dog (had to be done once) in the cold
And how could you resist with such wonderful service - can you believe the hugs come for free with every hot dog! What a place!
And back to our hostel for yummy Indian take out! My feet felt like they were going to drop off. Great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment