Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Florida and all the southern delights

Well hello there! Of course I feel a little like the Grandpa in The Never Ending Story, you know, where the boy distracts him in the middle of the story and the Grandpa says things like "now where was I? Ah yes...." It feels like that because I am writing these posts from London trying desperately to remember all the wonderful, glorious detail of my adventure so far... so where was I? Ah yes, Florida, with my Aunt....
So here is Dennis and Avrils house - mum this is for you xx
Hello Torin!
Growing up my Mum and Dad would often tell us stories about Avril and her great winter outfits.. especially THE Felt Boots that are no longer with Avril but I did get to see a picture. Check out this AMAZING fox fur coat, Avril bought this one to walk to work in the winter in Canada (I think or it may have been while she was in Norway??) Amazing anyway. Felt great. Don't send me hate mail animal lovers.. or if you do.. you better be vegan!
Torin sporting Dennis' old motorcycle jacket - great fit!
This is the ornament from Avril and Dennis' wedding cake - amazing hey! I got to see the wedding dress too.. alas I forgot to take a picture!
Ok, and on the next day to Fernandina Beach
I just loved the old houses, so beautiful and full of character. I was quite taken back at how well maintained this whole area was.. pristine and lovely.
Avril and I walked down one of the back streets and these were the houses we saw.. they all look like doll houses.. really fun.
Check the fans on the front porch.. it gets hot under there!
My wonderful host..
And back home for dinner where the wine of choice is the one and only....
Popular everywhere :D

No comments:

Post a Comment