Sunday, May 16, 2010

New York: Fourth day

Breakfast. Pancakes and bottomless Americano coffee.
We headed down town to the bottom of the island to catch the ferry across to Staten Island (for a peek at the statue of Liberty)
Just reaching Staten Island
The docks. Now that we are here on the Island... lets head straight back....
Ah-ha! There she is!
And out at Wall St.. on a Sunday.. dead quiet. I loved the contrast of the chapel against the modern skyscrapers. beautiful.
New developments at Ground Zero.
The girls talked me into eating Burger King... on this junk food mission.. how could I say no.
Dad this is for you. We went to the Apple store.. you walk down a glass staircase into the store - there are loads of people below you looking up as you walk down - all I could think "so glad I'm not wearing a little skirt today". funny.
We headed back to the hostel fairly early - I had to be up and out by 4:30am to get to Florida.. so these are my token subway shots. Little story here... just on the right hand side of me was a guy totally off his head - he was starring at my like a total psycho.. he got on the same carriage as us.. still starring the whole way to Times Square.. if looks could kill hey!.. but they don't! So ha ha - take that crazy man!
I am missing this system in London. It was so nice to get used to the subway and no your way around. So easy. London is much more complicated, but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment